Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Codex Space marine out Sept, rumours within
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Best_Pone over at Warseer, who was also spot on with his High Elf, Eldar, Apocalypse and Black Legion rumours, had this to say about the new Codex: Space Marines:

Best_Pone wrote:Up for release in September is the new Codex: Space Marines.

- There will be 7 Ltd Ed varients. 6 of these will be covers for First Founding chapters, whilst the 7th will have Black Templars on the cover.

- New weapon family: Grav weapons. I believe these wound against the armour save (so terminators would be wounded as if they had a toughness of 2).

- First Founding chapters will be getting a substantial section each to themselves, so hopefully this can be looked as as Codex: Space Marines instead of Codex: Ultramarines. This will also show in a rule called Chapter Tactics, for which the effects depend on the chapter being played.

- There is a new armour type that at first glance looks to be somewhere between a terminator and a dreadnought - looking more closely, it appears to go over the marine's power armour however.
- This new armour can be armed in 2 ways, depending on the user. The devastator version has either a bolter array or missile launchers mounted on the chest armour, whilst the gauntlets can be armed with heavy bolters, lascannons or grav cannons. The assault version has a bolter array or frag launchers mounted on the chest armour, with assault drills mounted on the gauntlets.

- There are 2 new AA tanks. One tank veterans will already be familiar with as the Hunter, armed an AA missile launcher. The other tank mounts 2 tri-barreled turrets instead.

- There is a new tactical squad. Lots of options as you'd expect, but of particular interest will probably be the grav pistol and grav rifle.

- A new plastic Sternguard veteran squad.

- A new plastic Vanguard veteran squad.

- New plastic characters: a captain, a librarian and a chaplain.

Hopefully this will finally dispel the consistent rumours about the SM getting some mega-dreadnought.
New rumours, no £ prices though Sad -
OK, lets get past rumors, because now I have the actual releases. Very exciting. There is a new Anti-Air tank, with two variants, the Stalker and the Hunter. They look to be amazing releases, and the codex is larger than any other 6th edition codex. 176 pages!!!! Oh yea, Robin Cruddace is the Author.

This is very cool, it looks like Space Marines are here!
Officially until there is an announcement, we still have to classify these as rumors.

via anonymous sources
Space Marine Codex
176 pages!!!!! $58
by Robin Cruddace
Cover pic is a close up Ultra Marine pointing forward into battle

War Zone: Damnos
by Phil Kelly
68pages $33

Space Marine Stalker/Hunter
$65
The three barreled Stalker and the Single large barreled Hunter

Space Marine Reclusiam Command Squad
$90
Includes Razorback 5 man command squad and a space marine chaplin

Space Marine Captain
1 model $30

Space Marine Librarian
1 model $30

Space Marine Strikeforce
39 models $220

Space Marine Centurion Devastator/ Assault Squad
3 models $78

Space Marine Tactical Squad
10 models $40

Space Marine Sternguard
5 models $50

Space Marine Vanguard
5 models $40
pics-
[Image: i1Stg.jpg]
[Image: Fvpz.jpg]
[Image: iAbKwMdDVCSsZ.jpg]
Looka like the eldar are going on hold!! Gonna get me some friends for Dante!! The anti air tank may save me buying 2 stormravens :p any idea on an exact release date? The codex has to be out a month before the tournament for it 2 be used n BB is on the 5th and 6th of october!
Current debate on dakka, photoshop or real?-
[Image: 1157473_598552766854416_1688600100_n.jpg]

Pre orders go live end of this month Nick, for release start of next month.
photoshop. well kind of, its a model someone has built themselves.

It's just a model built round of one of the suits from Armored Trooper Votoms
Yeah thats what i thought, looks like a scopedog with a heresy era missile launcher
Garbage, utter fluff ruining garbage.

That is all.
Cheers for the info Vince,

Lol those Walker things in yellow look like a cross between a terminator and mega nob lol!
Want to see the dev centurion and a better pic of the hunter/stalker, also keen to see the new tacts and sternguard.

Doubt it will be enough to encourage me to get my smurfs out again as enjoying my tau to much but will get codex and some models
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5