Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Tau Farsight supplement out next
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It seems other than the Apocalypse book being released in digital this month that has me very happy and intrigued-

Farsight - A codex: Tau Empire Supplement. Looking at the blurb underneath it seems to indicate it is a Tau Iyanden style extra, and once again mentions rules for using with your Tau.

Maybe crisis suits as troops? Big Grin

Looking forward to it either way!
Another money spinning con from GW....
£30 for two pages of rules!! am i the only one that wants to be able to buy a codex and thats it?
Well to be fair you can just buy the codex and play and that's fine, but if someone is interested in that sub faction then they can choose to buy it. I totally agree that 25/30 quid for two pages of rules and some background, even if it is in a nice looking book, is completely overpriced, should be more like a fiver! Bring back the days of white dwarf supplements please!
Quote:but if someone is interested in that sub faction then they can choose to buy it
well yes, of course, but its not exactly fair. take for example the white scars. if someone wants to play as them (and they're pretty mainstream as far as armies go), they'll need to both the codex Astartes and the supplement book for white scars. total, £60! its a money gouge for loyal fans

Quote:Bring back the days of white dwarf supplements please!
very much this too!
You do know these as well as the codices are coming out much cheaper as digital editions right?-
http://www.blacklibrary.com/games-worksh...l-editions
Codex - eldar £20
Rumours are supplements £15 when they release them(which if true i will pay)
I did know that, its a poor version compared to the ipad one from what i heard, no 360 degree views of models, no how to paint guide, no clickable links to take you to the relevant sections.

Im just of the opinon that if you want to play eldar you should be able to get one codex, want to play as chaos, one codex. etc, i have less of a problem with the separate books for Dark angels, blood angels, space wolves as they are done as full codices in their own right, but just releasing a supplement that contains two pages of rules and charging the same amount is a step too far for me.
The digital edition are cheaper as they are just exact digital versions of the codex from what i understand, the ipad ones charge you £10 extra for that stuff. So it comes down to whether you think the 360 model view and quick links are worth £10.

Not gonna lie, i plan to get a PDF of the Tau one and if i think it is worth it will buy it then.

Personally i am glad they are doing supplements, the two being released so far are mainly fluff and pics with rules as well. I love to read the fluff and look at the pretty pictures. I don't agree with the price as well and think that will be the downfall of them. Though i expect to see a lot of Space marine ones when that is released (next codex according to rumours)

I don't think you will supplements in White dwarf any time soon as it is just a catalogue now, last time i bought it when Tau was redone it was the biggest waste of a fiver. It has no decent content in anymore, but that is completely off topic. Tongue
Posts: 1705Joined: 2011/04/20 15:36:17 Offline Filter Thread Slayer le boucher wrote:http://forofreakfactory.mforos.com/1035375/11267302-codex-o-shovah-fotos-y-rumores-a-dia-14/#103079772 1
- FOC Changes: *If Farsight is included in your primary detachment, he must be your Warlord *Crises Suits are now Troops choices *Cannot take Ethereals (special character or normal) or Shadowsun, but Fireblades are now Elite choices and can be taken 1-3 per slot 2
- Special Issue Wargear (can choose from this list or the original Tau list, but not both): 
*Seismic Fibrillator Node -- One use only. Reduces target unit's moving, running/flat out moves, assault moves, and jet pack/jet bike moves in the assault phase by 3".
 *Fusion Blades -- User's close combat attacks become S8 AP1 Melta, Unwieldy 
*Advanced Jump Accelerator -- Replace Battlesuit's Jetpack, granting it a 9" move in movement phase and 3D6" in the assault phase. 
*High Yield Shield Generator -- Grants user a 3++ Invulnerable save 
*Advanced Markerlight Pod -- Battlesuit gear that, if it hits, grants two markerlight hits (these can be used by the Battlesuit and his unit, like a networked markerlght) *Advanced Railrifle -- Solid Shot: S8 AP1 Rapid Fire, 60" or Submunition: S4 AP4 Large Blast, 60" *Integrated Defense Matrix Node -- One use only. All friendly Codex: Tau Empire units within 18" of the user may overwatch at full BS for a single turn 3 - Special Rules: *All units with the option to take Bonding Knife Ritual get the upgrade for free *Unconventional Doctrine -- All Crises Battlesuits, Tau Commanders, Crises Bodyguard, and Farsight himself exchange the Supporting Fire special rule with the Rage and Furious Charge USRs. 
and these were then followed by a retraction saying they were incorrect. they didn't specify which bits were incorrect though!
Torrents...
Pages: 1 2