Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Declaration of War on High Elves
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I think my Bretonnian Lord has just summoned the dark side !! So how long would a game this big take? could even be bigger than anticipated!! As it stands at the moment approx 14,000 pts of High Elves v 14,000 pts of Knights, Chaos, Vampires and Dwarfs
Game that size would take much longer than a club night. Especially with the speed our lot play at.
I couldn't field 5,000pts of Dwarves without going OTT on the magic items and Lords/Heroes etc but 3,000 shouldn't be too difficult.

(15-04-2013, 06:07 PM)Gareth Wrote: [ -> ]Game that size would take much longer than a club night. Especially with the speed our lot play at.

For a stunty I'm a damn fast player! Movement, none. Magic, none. Shooting, FIRE THE CANNONS! Simple Big Grin
Weekender?
(15-04-2013, 06:29 PM)Etched Oracle Wrote: [ -> ]I couldn't field 5,000pts of Dwarves without going OTT on the magic items and Lords/Heroes etc but 3,000 shouldn't be too difficult.

(15-04-2013, 06:07 PM)Gareth Wrote: [ -> ]Game that size would take much longer than a club night. Especially with the speed our lot play at.

For a stunty I'm a damn fast player! Movement, none. Magic, none. Shooting, FIRE THE CANNONS! Simple Big Grin

You might be, but game slows down hugely once combat is struck. 6 times the size, 6 times the combat phase. Multiplayer battles always slow down, more so when game size goes up. But a weekend game would be ideal, not pretending I had something similar planned for June Wink
I just like the idea of a left flank consisting of 4 or 5 units(or more) rather than just 1!! How much to hire the hall on a weekend?
(15-04-2013, 09:02 PM)Noisysteve Wrote: [ -> ]I just like the idea of a left flank consisting of 4 or 5 units(or more) rather than just 1!! How much to hire the hall on a weekend?

Current rates are £11.50/hour for the large hall and £9.00/hour for the small hall.
Might be worth discussing with the 40K lot as well, maybe they could get an apocalypse game on as well?
(15-04-2013, 10:33 PM)manrogue Wrote: [ -> ]Might be worth discussing with the 40K lot as well, maybe they could get an apocalypse game on as well?

Good idea, sounds like we could have an all-dayer taking shape.
I could field 1,500/2,000 pts WoC (depending on if I include my Chaos Dragon).
Pages: 1 2 3 4