Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Rumoured 40k release schedule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rumoured releases for 40k by Hastings who has 100% accuracy on rumours-

75hastings69 wrote:

MajorWesJanson wrote:Tau are next, then Eldar. Sisters, Templars, Orks, and probably Nids need books before IG does. .......

Not quite, remove sisters & Templars...... replace with SM & IG....... Although the order of them might be mixed up a bit

Oops my mistake, I thought you were listing the order, then I realised you were listing codex that need updating before IG ....... still a little further look ahead in the future of 40k never did any harm did it?

MiyamatoMusashi wrote:I was under the impression it was Tau, Eldar, Orks, SM, Nids, then Guard?

Move the orks

75hastings69 on faeit212 wrote:I suppose I could tell you there are some new units....... but that would be a bit too vague. Hmmm, expect rhino variants, and also a new "suit" smaller than a dread but bigger than a termie. Will that do to start the rumours off?

Natfka wrote:I would imagine a new rhino variant could include a new combined box set of the rhino/razorback/variant or some combination of them?

Two new varients, afaik the current boxes remain unchanged.
SoB.... not on my radar. Templars could well be headed back to the big book.

Templars back in the SM book makes me a sad panda.

Could be, I'm not 100% on this.
(...)
Eldar, new flier, characters and a new uber wraith guard thingy.
(...)
LOADS of stuff for IG

So it's

Tau
Eldar
Space Marines
(Orks?)
Tyranids
(Orks?)
Guard
(Orks?)
(Question mark means, I don't know what Hastings means, not that Hastings doesn't know )
looking forward to seeing my eldar back on the table!
Bump as promised Luke last night i would find out more on Ork update, release schedule is looking like this-
Tau (out)
Eldar (June?)
Space Marines (Sept?)
Guard (jan?)
Orks (March?)
Tyranids (may?)

These are all the early rumours i can find, bear in mind these are rumours though so a good amount is probably B****ks-
NEW UNITS
*Mek Tank – Sporting a giant Shokk Attack Gun, firing Bomb Squigs. Tank can purchase a KFF.
UNIT UPDATES
*Flashgits - Their Snazz guns roll for random range each turn (12+3d6). On a triple 1 they overheat like Gets Hot. The unit may purchase upgrades like +1 BS, +1A, blast, rapid fire, skyfire, ans others, several are mutually exclusive.
*Boys - cheaper!
*Meks - Look for ability to field an increased number of Deffdreads and Kanns than currently.
*Stormboyz - Gain a "Rocket boost" attack that can target flyers. They must move 18” and if they pass a flyer they each get 2 attacks on it as if assaulting a vehicle. Move as infantry during their next turn. Looks like the designers played a lot of THQ's Space Marine!
*Buggys / Trakks - May tank shock if they are upgraded with spiked plates/wheels.

Part 2 from Larry Vela

NEW HQs
*"Grot Boss" Grot with a stateline of a Ork Boy, but higher BS. Equipped with a nice kustom-mega-shoota as an option. Can also get a Buggy or take a Killa-kan as a transport/upgrade
*"Da Crew" An HQ unit of even bigger Nobs. They have odd LoS modifications, One Nob must be nominated as "Da Boss", and if Da Boss is killed, one of Da Crew is promoted. This interacts in some new way with "Kill the Warlord" victory conditions, and is effectively an entire "warlord unit".
NEW UNITS
*Grot Whirlybird: Rotored transport: Capacity 20 Grots. They get dumped on the battlefield roughly from the Whirlybird taking a mandatory DT test, and cause mayhem if they fall atop another unit.
*Grots Buggys: Similar to Nob Bikers, but are buggies with Grots on the back and Orks behind the wheel! Drive-by attacks. Highly likely this will be an "alternate unit" for a buggy combo-unit box.

Gretchin/ Grots
This bit came in to me over on Faeit 212 by two separate sources, and its not completely clear whether the following will be in the Ork codex, or if it will be part of an allied supplement that may be coming.

Part 1

*I dont think this is for a new Orks Codex, or a new Codex at all yet though.
*grot boss - a big grot almost an ork.
*Gretchin Weirdling - grot psyker. Lvl1. Upgrade to lvl 2. Access to divination, gork, and mork lists
*Killa kans in elite.
*Gretchin - can take control collars no ork herder like in ork list. 5-20 unit. Cheaper than ork codex gretchin by a pt. Can take whirlybird or looted wagon as dt
*Squig runts- sounds like 40k equivalent of squig hoppers
*Whirlybird – looks like a Huey hit with ork hammer, bomb doors underneath to drop gretchin
*Grot scootas - rocket propelled skateboarders? Squad of 5-10. Hvy bolter profile weapon.
*Grot buggies - drive by assault 8 grot blastas
*Grot rocket - single shot roket with large range and big blast.
*Big Guns – control collar option again, the ones from ork codex, plus a flakk gun with skyfire

Part 2

*Grot Whirlybird -
*Looks like a old Vietname War Hellicopter, big bulged bubble cockpit/body, skinny tail boom.
*About twice as big as the ork DefKoptas. Concept is the doors of the main body open on the
bottom like an old bomber to drop the Grots on to the battlefield.
*Cannot carry Orks or Bulky/Very Bulky models.
*Can drop Grots at any point along path travelled in movement phase only if not Zooming.
*Placement like deepstrike, but scatter is reduced if hovering.
New update of rumoured release schedule-

Summary of Natfka's rumours:
- Tyranids (incl. plastic Hive Guard)
- Orks (incl plastic commandos)
- Dark Elves
- IG (incl. plastic Steel Legion and super heavy)
plus an Armageddon Supplement incl Steel Legion, Space Marine and Ork units
- Bretonnia
- Space Wolves
- New 9th Fantasy Edition (starter box Imperium vs. Orcs)

Anonymous source on faeit212 wrote:November will be Nidvember; Plastic Hive Guard Box released (corrected)

December: No coment, Hobbit and new Terrain

January: Ork Codex; Plastic Kommandoz & Warboss Plastic Kit

February: Dark Elves Armybook

March: Imperial Guard; three Plastic Kits for Steellegion & a Turretless Tank Kit, new Steellegion Character (no Yarrik!) Codex-Focus is Cadia & Armageddon

April: Breton Armybook

May: Space Wolves, there will be a 13th Great company & Thousand Sons Supplement parallel release near end of the Year Focus of the SW Supplement is the Fight again Tzeentch Forces

June: Warhammer Fantasy 9th Edition with Empire vs. Orks & Goblins

Anonymous source on faeit212 wrote:Next Year Warhammer Fantasy 9.Edition will have Empire versus Orks & Goblins.

Imperial Guard will release in March 2014 with Steel Legion Plastic Kits and a new Superheavy Tank base on the Baneblade. Baneblade & all other Superheavies will be in the Codex.

Anonymous source on faeit212 wrote:orks release in march.

(Yeah, obviously those last two contradict each other.)

Anonymous source on faeit212 wrote:GW is planning a "re-release" of the 3rd edition Codex Armageddon! That will be a huge release for 40K "more than half a year away" according to my friend. It will include 5 supplements: Warzone Armageddon (scenarios), Supplement: Salamanders, Supplement: Steel Legion, Supplement: Ghazghull's Horde and Supplement: Orc Kult of Speed. Everything will be released in one wave.

Each supplement will be accompanied by a very limited number of new releases:
Salamanders - Special Terminator Squad combining Thunder Hammer and Storm Bolters (no shields). Has access to a special weapon that's a "pimped out mix of Heavy Flamer and Multi Melta"
Steel Legion - Griffon/Salamander combi kit, new Finecast characters
Ghazghull's Horde - Nobs in Mega Armour (Plastic), Orkimedes (Finecast)
Speed Freaks - War Buggy, Wazdakka Gutsmek (Plastic)

Keep in mind that the following includes examples not meant as rumours (see last sentence):

Anonymous source on faeit212 wrote:There's merit to your rumor. However to poke some holes:

The Salamanders squad is for the pre-heresy book coming christmas. They're modified tartaros pattern terminators. Kind of like ornate "artificer" versions.

Imperial Guards will have access to all their tanks in plastic with the release of their new codex.

Nobz in Mega Armor and new War Buggies and Traks are getting new models with their new codex also.

Supplements will not be providing new model kits until after all of the 6th edition codexes are up to date. Furthermore, if a new unit is introduced, it will be available to the core codex as well.

Example 1) An update of an old kit that is the center of the supplement:a new khorne berserker kit alongside a World Eater's supplement. This kit, while a targeted release, is still available to any Chaos Player.
Example 2) If it introduces an entirely new unit that has previously never had rules, it would specifically say that it's an XYZ option for the parent dex: A new breed of tyranid, with some cool rules in a Hive Fleet supplement. While it may be a troops choice for the supplement army, it is also a Fast Attack (or something) choice for the parent codex.

The Supplements will often introduce new ways to configure units. Either with different wargear, size of squad, force organization position, dedicated transport options, or cool army rules

Example: Supplement: "Hammer of Dorn," not simply Supplement: "Imperial Fists," this supplement could hark back towards the 4th edition Space Marine Codex. Fluff wise this book would talk about Lysander's specific fleet and methodology. Rules wise it would make Assault Terminators Elites, and Shooting Termiantors Heavy Support, while making you roll once for all terminators to enter from deep strike, and would do so with a reduced scatter. This would create a very specialized force, one that would be illegal normally (up to 6 terminator squads), alongside some unique rules (deep strike at once, reduced scatter), and would probably inspire some new armies to be made centered around it, but it's still not giving Imperial Fist only models that make people feel pigeon holed into a specific codex or colour scheme, etc.

The idea here is that people shouldn't feel like they have to get a supplement. Anything that's in a supplement, they have access to (model wise). No one is left out.

I hope that makes sense, it was a bit of a rant.

P.S. while new khorne berserkers are on the menu to be reviewed, there's no new tyranid supplement unit, or a supplement for "Hammer of Dorn," those were just to illustrate my point.
Would it be better if i did this as a combined thread in another section with the general release rumours for both systems out of interest?
I guess the options are separate threads in the 40K and Fantasy forums, or one thread in the General forum? The former might be the natural fit, but require more work to separate out the snippets?
I try and keep both updated when possible (when fully settled in new job hopefully this will be as regular as before! And yes i do know i lean to 40K more with my reporting Tongue ), i was thinking more along the lines a general release schedule rumour of all things GW, while keeping the individual ones in there respective sections. Or is it too many threads of the same thing?
(19-08-2013, 12:53 PM)manrogue Wrote: [ -> ]i was thinking more along the lines a general release schedule rumour of all things GW

A single thread in General might be the place for a GW release schedule thread, possibly with the first "calendar" post updated as information comes to light on rumours/dates? Might be nice to have a single point of reference on what's rumoured to be released when, then have any gory detail in the relevant system forum.
(19-08-2013, 12:57 PM)Stuart Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-08-2013, 12:53 PM)manrogue Wrote: [ -> ]i was thinking more along the lines a general release schedule rumour of all things GW

A single thread in General might be the place for a GW release schedule thread, possibly with the first "calendar" post updated as information comes to light on rumours/dates? Might be nice to have a single point of reference on what's rumoured to be released when, then have any gory detail in the relevant system forum.

Yeah that's is what i was thinking, sorted of what is due to be released in the following months without maasive detail with maybe links to relevant thread for discussion, ie-

2013:

July
Apocalypse 6th edition
http://forum.redwarsoc.com/showthread.php?tid=1391

August
Lizardmen army book

September
Space Marine Codex

Late September or late October
Mystery Box: Warhammer 40k: Inquisition
Farsight Enclave Supplement (printed version)

October
Dark Elves Armybook

November
Tyranids Codex

December
The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug
New army possibly on the way?

via An Anonmyous Source on Faeit 212 wrote:Some insights into models that are coming down the track
. A:I have seen a plastic adeptus mechanicus sprue with servitors and human sized (i.e. not space marine) adepts. This definitely exists because I have seen it, so don't confuse it with my second point, although I don't know where it fits in with the release schedule. 
B: for over a year I have been seeing various photos of greens, and CAD print outs - so not just concept sketches - for imperial models that are familiar to the inquisition books. I have seen custodes-style models, arco-flaggelants, and ogryn-sized servitors (greens) - as well as a pretty big tank that looks like a cross between a land raider and a leman russ, in the style of the exorcist (CAD). it seems to have become common knowledge in circles that A) the studio has definite plans for all this, and that B) there will be a 'new' race army book at some point at the end of this edition, similar to Dark Eldar. 'like Dark Eldar' I simply meant that, from the business's perspective, Dark Eldar were a new race when they got their latest codex and models. So 'new race' doesn't necessarily mean something like Tau in 2001, and I'm fully expecting it to be an imperial faction. A and B may be unrelated. But, based on this, I am guessing that either that this is where sisters of battle will end up, or that their relaunch will be refocused on the weirder parts of the Imperium. I just want to make it clear though, I've never seen a new sisters of battle sculpt