Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Matts Latest Bonkers list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Latest FAQ's

Q: Can Flyers in Hover mode still choose to use the Skyfire special
rule? (p81)
A: No.

as usual GW have released slightly confusing rules and need to FAQ them to explain.
Anyone seen the sabre weapons battery? Imperial Guard Heavy choice

40pts per twin linked auto cannon or las cannon. Up to 3 in a unit plus a defensive search light, whatever that is. Skyfire and interceptor. So thats 120pts for 3 x t/l auto cannons or las cannons?
yes, they're scary. almost worth sorting out a small allied force of guard just for them.
Cheers mate, that's that one sorted! Thanks for the FAQ reference..
(06-02-2013, 07:32 PM)The Count Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone seen the sabre weapons battery? Imperial Guard Heavy choice

40pts per twin linked auto cannon or las cannon. Up to 3 in a unit plus a defensive search light, whatever that is. Skyfire and interceptor. So thats 120pts for 3 x t/l auto cannons or las cannons?

I've been tempted to botch some up myself lol.

theyre 30pts basic with tl heavy bolter and +10 for stubber and autocannon, while +20 for lascannon. they're also troops and t7 lol, you can also increase then to 2wounds for 2pts.
OK so I just made three hydra flak platforms out of Zveda 1/72nd 88mm German guns and hollow plastic dowel for a grand total of twentyfive quid. Hopefully I will have these babies painted for Tuesday. Eventually I will be able to make some Sabre 'tops' and be able to represent both.

Also bought two 1/48 scale two seater A10 Thuderhawks for 27 quid a piece and I am gonna have a stab at converting them. Much better than 85 quid a pop!

To be truthful I dont need the sisters at all, so thats a dilema, but we will see. Depends what I can get done before B Brum.
OK so I cant help myself!

I enjoyed using the list against Rob tonight I just have to use it next weekend.

Here it is with amendments. What do we think?

Captain, Jump Pack, melta bombs, bolt pistol and power axe 160
2 x Sanguinary Priests with jump packs 150
3 x 5 Vanguard Veterans all
Sergeant with lightning claw and 4 veterans with melta bomb 555
10 Assault Marines with 2 x flamers and
Sgt with hand flamer and power fist 235
10 Assault Marines with 2 x melta and
Sgt with infernus pistol and power fist 250
5 Assault marines with plasma gun and
Sgt with power fist 163
5 Devastators with las, plasma, 2 x missiles 150
5 Scouts with camo cloaks, 4 x sniper rifles and missile 100

So I deploy the devastators, scouts, captain, 1 priest and 2 x 5 marines
I deep strike 3 x vanguard vets, 3 x 5 marines with kit and the other priest

I can mix and match who deep strikes a bit, but essentially thats 6 x 5 marines deep striking.

What do we think? 100% using these now (honest!) but list could be amended a bit.
Clarification to above - Sgt has twin lightning claws
Alternative list
Captain with jump pack, power axe, melta bombs, pistol 140
2 x Priests as before but also with melta bombs 160
3 x Vanguard Vets as before 555
10 'flamer' Assault marines as before 235
10 'melta' Assault marines as before 250
5 Devastators as before 150
10 Assault marines, non jump in Drop Pod with 2 x melta
Sgt with infernus pistol and power fist 260

Basically swapping the 5 Scouts and 5 jump marines for 10 guys in a drop pod. The drop pod has a locator beacon, so even if the troops die mostly. (they hopefully got 1st blood) the beacon should still be alive.

As the pod is ignored, deploy Captain, Priest, Devastators and 2 x 5 Assault Marines
Drop 3 x Vets, 2 x 5 'kit' marines and other priest.

Thoughts?
I like it mate!

A bit different to what you played against me lol!

IF you don't get firstblood with the pod you're giving it away and likely 2 easy KPs, but with you're dice, I say go for it mate! It suits your playstyle (up and at em!)
Pages: 1 2 3