Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: RWS 1500 point late war league(standings in 1st post)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(28-02-2013, 09:20 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: [ -> ]Would be nice to list who won against who if poss and not too much bother rather than just a score. Maybe we could post the points for each game as well so we can see how close the wins were?

so like a mini battle report for each battle?
Well best to keep it simple or might get too onerous, maybe like this:

Jim (german panthers) vs Chris (russian strelkovy batalon)
Scenario - seize opponents objective; Victory to Chris, objective taken by rifle company, Panthers repulsed by massed artillery and T-34's for acceptable losses to the motherland. Germans fall back in good order.

Something like that? Makes it a bit more interesting IMO then also have the leaderboard at the top with just points on like you have at the mo. What do you think, just a suggestion, feel free to ignore!
(01-03-2013, 04:51 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: [ -> ]Well best to keep it simple or might get too onerous, maybe like this:

Jim (german panthers) vs Chris (russian strelkovy batalon)
Scenario - seize opponents objective; Victory to Chris, objective taken by rifle company, Panthers repulsed by massed artillery and T-34's for acceptable losses to the motherland. Germans fall back in good order.

Something like that? Makes it a bit more interesting IMO then also have the leaderboard at the top with just points on like you have at the mo. What do you think, just a suggestion, feel free to ignore!
sounds good
we'll go with that then Smile
Jim (German Panthers) vs Dave (US 101st Airborne)

Scenario - seize opponents objective
Victory to Dave, Attacker's Objective taken by rifle company

The 101st managed to hold both Defenders Objectives for 3 turns with just 1 Rifle Company, 5 Shermans and 75mm Artillery.

On turn 4 the Hellcats arrived and punched a hole in the side of the one of German Panther Company and managed to hold an objective.

On turn 5 the 2nd Rifle Company arrived, assaulted and destroyed a German Panther Company.

On turn 6 the last unit of the 1st Rifle Company made a dash for the Attackers objective, survived 2 rounds of Artillery to take the Attackers Objective in turn 8.

Or something similar happened.
Chris (Soviet Rifle battalion) vs Seb (Soviet forward Detachment)
scenario: Hold the line; Victory to Chris: T-34 vs T-34 tank battle erupted on the right flank near the farm, with the well concealed loyal (!) T-34's supporting the rifle battalion ambushing the traitors (seb, obviously, though he may dispute this - he'd be lying). Accurate artillery fire took out the attacking IS-2's. Once the traitor T34's were all destroyed, the remainder of the forward detachment withdrew - line held, Stalin expects no less!
Does al or dave have a battle report for their game? =)
Seb(soviet forward detachment) vs Dave(101st para rifle company)
Victory to seb, mission: fair fight. First turn quite silent only a scout car dead. Second turn: m18 hellcats ambush near the heavy su-100's and the company command tank, killing the company commander with 3 attempts on him also 1bailed Sherman failing to get back in the tank, 1 other Sherman got shot up by the t-34/85's. turn 3: the Russians decided to let 1 IS-2 take a pot shot at the Sherman he could see in the building and killed it somehow, the su's destroyed 2 hellcats, T34's slowly killing the shermans. then a hellcat killed a T-34 and caused the tank riders to dis mount and nearly all of them die also the other hellcat killed an su. Turn 5: the tanks pushed forward while the su's took out another hellcat and the t-34's destroyed a few shermans and next turn took the objective and thee Is's contesting the other objective stoping it's garrison from running to the other objective
Just looking at the current standings before my game with Dave next week and I'm a bit confused.

Dave has 2 wins (vs Jim and Alan?) and a loss (vs Seb) so should be on 7 pts
Seb has 2 wins (vs Dave and Jim) and a loss (vs me) so should be on 7pts as well.
Alan presumably lost vs Dave so he's on 1 pt
I'm on 6pts due to two wins vs Seb and Jim
Jim has 3 losses vs Seb, Dave and me so is on 3pts
It says Sam is on 2pts but I can't see where these points have come from and it doesn't say who he's played and the points don't add up - either he's had two games and lost both so two other people should have another 3 points, or he's had one drawn game in which case someone else should have two more points.

Hope this makes sense, Jim can you clarify the standings please when you have time?
yep sorry for getting behind guys,

so the mystery points for sam an seb was a draw i hear it was a close game with sam being counting on an assault to kick sebs su100's off an ammo dump,but failed tank terror.
ok cool, thanks Jim!
Pages: 1 2 3 4