Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Stuart's Log of Hobby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Good start Stu!
Just out of interest how easy was the howitzer to put together, my jap one came with loaded of fiddly bits an no instructions,
Managed to get some paint on all the Red Devils tonight, I reckon they're about 75% done.
(06-01-2014, 11:15 PM)actungpanzer Wrote: [ -> ]Just out of interest how easy was the howitzer to put together, my jap one came with loaded of fiddly bits an no instructions,

Bit fiddly, but the product page has a schematic accessible from one of the thumbnails below the main image:

[attachment=909]
Looking at the paras I've started painting under the light of a different day, and I'm not happy with the Denison smocks (jackets) - I've gone too heavy with the green paint on the basecoat for the quickshade to do its stuff. My fault for rushing. Don't really want to layer yet more white on and build up the colours again, so I may have to strip them back I think Sad
I've put the Bolt Action figs to one side for now while I get some of the Reaper figs painted up for the MiniCon. I'll revisit the paras individually once MiniCon is over.
Kicked off a table build for the SBH game at Gloucester MiniCon. Nothing too extravagant, just 3' x 3' with some of the GF9 "Hall of Heroes" scenery that will allow for 2 player battles and also a single player (vs. DM) scenario.
Also made a start on some of the Reaper Bones miniatures for the MiniCon table. Couple of 200pt warbands, a bunch of undead for the scenario and a dragon.
Got the Reaper figures all based up and primed, and we've primed and base-coated the table tonight. Luke's going to continue with the MiniCon table tomorrow (highlighting, flocking, etc.) while I take a brush to the figures.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19