Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Stuart's Log of Hobby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Thanks chaps. Couple more shaded and drying pending anti-shine varnish...

[attachment=2045]
The beginnings of a new fantasy skirmish crew. This lot from Hasselfree.

[attachment=2058]

Because the painting queue can never be long enough...
Those are some awesome miniatures. I especially like the hooded mage/apprentice mid casting of spell. What game system are you going to use them for?
(19-04-2016, 12:42 PM)will Wrote: [ -> ]Those are some awesome miniatures. I especially like the hooded mage/apprentice mid casting of spell. What game system are you going to use them for?

Yeah, I really like the Hasselfree stuff. Reaper, Otherworld and Dark Sword do some great figures too, although I think Dark Sword might be a little taller scale wise.

Rules-wise I'm hoping I can put these to use for Song of Blades and Heroes, Mordheim, Otherworld Fantasy Skirmish, Brink of Battle, Frostgrave and Dragon Rampant!
Few woods / forests I made while riding a wave of post-Salute enthusiasm...

[attachment=2062]

[attachment=2063]

[attachment=2061]
They looked really affective on the table last night. What are you making your bases from? Lino?
They look awesome Stu, did you make the trees? (or where did you get them??)
(20-04-2016, 06:50 PM)Agincourt Wrote: [ -> ]They looked really affective on the table last night. What are you making your bases from? Lino?

3mm MDF from Wickes. 1800mm x 600mm sheet was a tad under £8 I think.

(20-04-2016, 08:37 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: [ -> ]They look awesome Stu, did you make the trees? (or where did you get them??)

Cheers. The trees are a Woodland Scenics kit (from Hobbycraft if memory serves). Pack of armatures and couple of packs (different shades) of sponge foilage applied with Hob-e-Tac.
Picked up my copy of Robey's book yesterday...

[attachment=2067]

Not had chance to have a good look through yet.
A big box of Zombiecide: Black Plague extras turned up today. Hadn't realised there was so much in the pledge!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19