Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Stuart's Log of Hobby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Yep, I use the tins Vince. The stuff in the tin is a bit different from the bottles though, as the bottles are water based (and possibly a bit closer to GW washes) whereas the tins are oil based and contain a varnish. I still paint it on with a brush though, and mainly use the Strong tone (Strong tone is more brown, whereas Dark tone is more black).
Can't take any credit for this as it's the handiwork of one of my lads, Ethan, for a school project.

2ft x 2ft model of Stonehenge, might be good for some SBH skirmishes Smile

[attachment=1820]
That deffo ROCKS!!!
A summary of recent progress...

[attachment=1926]
Managed to resist buying much at the MiniCon yesterday, just grabbed a few second-hand pirate and LotR figures...

[attachment=1950]

[attachment=1951]
Oooh those pirates look cool, nice detail on them. What game system do they come from?
(02-02-2016, 02:39 PM)Agent0range Wrote: [ -> ]Oooh those pirates look cool, nice detail on them. What game system do they come from?

Not sure to be honest - I thought they might be from Black Scorpion Miniatures for their Cutlass! game, but I can't seem to track them down on the website. They're very nice figures though.
Started to pick up a few more Lord of the Rings bits and pieces from Ebay. This could get expensive...
(15-02-2016, 01:19 AM)Stuart Wrote: [ -> ]Started to pick up a few more Lord of the Rings bits and pieces from Ebay. This could get expensive...

Wot u got Stu?
Picked up the full Hobbit rulebook and a few (!) old issues of Battle Games in Middle Earth with the figures. Missed out on some Defenders of Minas Tirith but will be picking up some Rohan and more Elves with a bit of luck.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19