Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Painting 15mm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone got any advice for painting 15mm infantry? Painting the armour is easy enough, but painting infantry looks hard. I have yet to do so, but I'm getting a rifle company and any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading guysWink
(03-10-2012, 03:32 PM)40knerd99 Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone got any advice for painting 15mm infantry? Painting the armour is easy enough, but painting infantry looks hard. I have yet to do so, but I'm getting a rifle company and any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading guysWink

My (do as I say not as I do) advice for wargaming figures is to keep things simple. Carefully paint your base colours on, so maybe for a rifle company you paint uniform green, boots black, belt and packs black/brown, flesh paint a flesh colour, etc. Just the basic stuff... but do it tidy.

Then get brown ink, water it down about 50/50 and paint over everything. Let it dry and apply another coat if needed. This is enough for eyes, mouth, shading etc.

I would stop at that for 15mm.

When you have painted your entire army, you might find some time to come back and add a bit of dry brush highlight.

For 25mm then a bit of dry brush highlight makes all the difference. Wink
thanks for the advice. the worst part, I have discovered is painting the face- It was trouble enough with 28mm, but 15mm is almost impossible!